The fourth of July is one of my absolute favorite holidays. It marks the “beginning” of summer, it reminds us all to be proud of our country, and because there are always celebrations, it’s one of the best holidays to decorate for! We’ve got 25 ideas to help you jazz up your fourth of July without breaking the bank or spending excessive amounts of time. After all, we just want to celebrate, right?
- Photo booths are all the rage these days, they show up at weddings, birthdays, and parties. Create this backdrop from Laughing Latte in under 30 minutes and give your party guests some props to play with – both adults and kids will love the festive photo scene!
2. Looking for a simple treat that adds a big pop of color to your holiday table? Look no further! Happiness is Homemade has some adorable and super simple oreo pops that will do the trick – your kids will love to help decorate them, too!
3. In just about 30 minutes you can make these adorable hot dog treats for the kids at your party. It’s seriously so easy that you’ll wonder, “why didn’t I think of that?” Thanks PopSugar for the idea!
4. Now that we’ve covered snacks for kids, why not make them their own special drink? These refreshments from Mom Endeavors are the cutest – and the kids will love to sip from the candy straw…heck, even the adults would love it! Add a little splash of champagne to turn this mock-tail into a mom-tail!
5. These confetti balloons are such a simple way to get festive! Fill a clear balloon with some red, white, and blue confetti before blowing them up with helium. If you’re looking for an easier way out, they are available for purchase on Etsy!
6. Create Craft Love has this adorable lighted burlap garland that will take your party from day to night. Hang it on your railings, lay it down the middle of your table, or line your walkways with it! There are so many possibilities and it’s yet another craft that your kiddos can help you with!
7. We’ve all seen the pallette board flags around the neighborhood, right? Well, I always think they look a little sparse and bare – try taking yours to the next level with some of these super clever ideas from The Magic Brush Inc.
8. Are fireworks banned in your state or neighborhood? The kids don’t have to miss out – these patriotic confetti poppers are a wonderful idea to make your holiday as special as ever. Thanks for the idea, Piikea Street!
9. Need to keep those kids busy while you enjoy yard games and me-time with the adults at your party? This cute little craft from Makes and Takes will be a hit for the little ones and cost you next to nothing.
10. Want a cute way to organize your kitchen items or snack kabobs? Check out these little beauties from Arnas Lovely Boutique. They’re available for purchase but if you’re a crafty person you could totally make them on your own. Fill them with utensils, suckers, straws, or those cute oreo pops that we talked about earlier!
11. Jazz up your drink with these Jell-O ice cubes from Shaken Together Life that promise not to melt! Add sprite, water, juice, or your favorite cocktail to the festive mix!
12. Spicy Southern Kitchen made these adorable little fruit treats that are super easy to make! With just around three ingredients you’ll have a delicious and healthy treat for your guests.
13. Need more fruit-spiration? Try these little sparkler kabobs from The Baby Bump Diaries.
14. Don’t forget what the holiday is all about! Spruce up your porch or mantel with this cute America sign from Landee See, Landee Do.
15. And finally, this delicious Sugar Cookie Cake from Crazy for Crust will be the perfect way to cap off the night.
What other holiday traditions does your family have? Do you have a craft, activity, or recipe you would like added to the list? Leave us a message in the comments below! Then be sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook for the latest DIY posts.