We are in the middle of a midwest spring which seems to bring a lot of wacky weather. We’ve got snow one day and sunshine the next, you dig out your t-shirts and then you have to go back to your long-johns, you get the idea…It’s just nuts! Anyway, I thought this was the perfect time of year to start teaching G about the different seasons so we packed our week full activities, sensory projects, and hands on fun! We have some repetitive projects this week which is a great way to build consistency with your kiddos routine and it makes it easier on you! But don’t worry, each day is just as exciting as the one before it…Let’s get started with the Teaching Toddlers: Seasons lesson plan!
Be sure to scan through each of the activities, some can be used for multiple seasons – you don’t want to miss out!
Winter: We made winter look incredible with glitz, new textures, and penguin fun!
- Winter Season Sensory Bin: I wanted to dive into this little winter wonderland.
- Seasonal Felt Boards: See what we used to represent winter!
- 4 Seasons Sensory Bottles: Glitter, snowflakes, beauty.
Spring: It’s fresh, it’s exciting, it’s spring. We were sure to include bright colors and fresh ideas!
- Spring Season Sensory Bin: We got really hands on with grasses, bugs, and spring animals!
- Seasonal Felt Boards: G was stoked to pull this activity out again, it had been a while.
- Four Seasons Tree: We were able to compare our real trees to this craft!
- 4 Seasons Sensory Bottles: It’s easier than you thing to bottle up each season!
- Pipe Cleaner Flowers: It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3 to make these gems.
Summer: We brought our A-game with an ocean, homemade flowers, and the coolest thermometer project.
- Summer Season Sensory Bin: Flowers, beaches, sunshine. Ahhh, summer.
- Seasonal Felt Boards: I swear this is the best teaching tool we have!
- Four Seasons Tree: We discussed how trees look with each changing season.
- 4 Seasons Sensory Bottles: If only we could really bottle summer up…
- Recycled Bottle Brush Flowers: Create your own garden with this upcycled craft!
- DIY Thermometer: A great counting tool that helps your toddler to understand temperatures.
Fall: We took “getting down to Earth” quite literally; get back to basics with this very natural season!
- Four Seasons Tree: We played with our tree and then rustled in the leaves on the ground outside!
- Fall Season Sensory Bin: All about beans. We tried something new for our bin today and it was a huge hit!
- 4 Seasons Sensory Bottles: Fall is so rustic, isn’t it?
- Seasonal Felt Boards: We added fall veggies as well as farm and school related things!
- Impression Art: Dive into the textures of nature with this easy activity.
We hope you had a great week with your toddler learning all about the seasons! For more awesome lesson plans, check out our 7 week plan for colors, our week-long body parts plan, and our week filled with nature activities!
Follow us on pinterest to keep up with all of our awesome DIY ideas and lesson plans.