There are tons of sensory activities out there for your little ones. We have enjoyed our noodle bin, our fabric rings, our oil + water bottles, and our shaving cream play – just to name a few. But this is one of our biggest hits! I can’t believe we didn’t think of this sooner.
Items You Need:
- Hair gel, aloe vera gel, or both
- Food coloring
- Small objects like beads, straws, googly-eyes, plastic ice cubes, glitter, etc.
- Ziploc bag
- Hot glue
- Squeeze your gel into the baggy – approx 1/3 of the way to 1/2 way full
- Drop in some food coloring and glitter
- Zip bag and knead it to mix the coloring evenly into the gel
- Toss in your small objects – make sure there’s nothing sharp that may puncture your bag
- String some hot glue on the zipper of the bag and zip it closed. This will prevent any leaking or opening of the bag!
If your toddler is anything like mine, they’ll carry this around and poke at it all day.