There are tons of sensory activities out there for your little ones. We have enjoyed our noodle bin, our fabric rings, our oil + water bottles, and our shaving cream play – just to name a few. But this is one keeps coming back with a range of possibilities and themes – it’s one of our biggest hits!
Items You Need:
- Clear hair gel, aloe vera gel, or both
- Soft nature objects like flowers, leaves, grass, moss, pine needles, feathers, etc.
- Ziploc bag
- Hot glue
- Squeeze your gel into the baggy – approx 1/3 of the way to 1/2 way full
- Toss in the small objects you found during your scavenger hunt – make sure there’s nothing sharp that may puncture your bag
- String some hot glue on the zipper of the bag and zip it closed. This will prevent any leaking or opening of the bag!
If your toddler is anything like mine, they’ll carry this around and poke at it all day. Plus, it’s a great way to bring the outdoors in when the weather doesn’t cooperate.
Be sure to check out our other nature activities on our Teaching Toddlers: 11 Ways to Explore Nature post and follow our social media pages for daily updates and project info! Twitter ♦ Pinterest ♦ Instagram ♦ Facebook