This homemade puzzle is as easy as 1, 2, 3 and it’s tons of fun for your kiddo! My little one thought it was so neat to look at himself and place his features!
Disclosure: Just an FYI…many of the links below are affiliate links that will earn me a commission if you purchase through them. If you do, I absolutely appreciate it! Rest assured that I only recommend things that I’ve personally used and loved. If you have any questions about any of the products or services please let me know!
All you need to do is…
- Print two 8 x 10 images of your child that show his face in a fairly straight-forward large format
- Purchase a magnetic sheet that has one adhesive side – I bought one from Amazon that was a little bit bigger than 8 x 10 so that I had extra for the second half of my puzzle
- Stick one of your photos on the magnetic sheet and cut out with scissors. My adhesive was VERY permanent so be sure you’re ready to stick!
- Take your second photo and cut out facial features like eyes, nose, ears, and mouth
- Place the cutouts on the remaining magnetic sheet and cut out
- Either attach to a cookie sheet or your refrigerator and let your little one start playing!
To make it more fun/challenging:
- Use a full body image and test your kiddo on his arms, legs, hands, feet, head, torso, and hair
- Type out some body related words and stick them to a magnet sheet. Have your little one match the words to their features – for example, lay “eyes” across his/her eyes!
- Make glasses, mustaches, bows, dresses, shoes, etc. and play with your magnet board like it’s a paper doll!